Processing Specialist I
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters data in a timely and accurate manner to Palco software, Microsoft Office products, and internal documents. Data may include budgetary data, billing data, timesheet data, and counseling backup form data.
- Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, and updating data, when necessary.
- Provides follow-up correspondence via phone or email when data contains errors or omissions.
- Maintains client confidence by safeguarding data and complying with HIPAA.
- Complies with established procedures by following corporate policy and protocol and participates in training when policy is updated.
- Contributes to Palco operations with a team-based approach in accomplishing tasks and achieving results.
- Assists with compiling information for special reports and preparing other documents and correspondence.
- Performs program support tasks and general clerical functions when applicable, such as organizing and scanning documents, providing Quality Assurance phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, and processing results from participant satisfaction surveys.
Other Essential Traits
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to electronically document records to a web-based chart.
- Must possess solid email, Internet, and Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong excel skills are essential for the position.
- Need to have some background in working with numbers.
- Must be a proficient typist with the ability to use a variety of data entry and office equipment, such as computers, scanners, ten-key calculators, and photocopiers.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze information, strong attention to detail, take initiative to follow-up on transactions, and make decisions about information.
- Must be willing to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Education and Qualifications
A minimum of a high school diploma is required. One to two years of experience in data entry or intense work with computers is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws.